For this lonely set of generator cases. Gonna need some work, but it'll help me develop some fixtures. No cracks no chips. Needs motormount machined after bacon welded it. The oem side is amazing. The aftermarket side casting is very porous. This is how you start from scratch.
Rx-7 getting the finishing touches. Tucked the exhaust up higher by making new mounts. Finished painting the rear axle, reassembling it, and bending up new hard lines. We used the NiCop hard line material. What a breeze!! We're almost at the finish line here.
On the way back from Born Free3 we were really hauling ass. Coming through Colorado we got stuck in this heavy downpour. We pulled under an overpass to wait it out. When I started my bike & pulled back into interstate traffic there was this snapping noise,
almost like a leaking headgasket?
When I cracked on it, the engine must have warmed up enough(expanded) to seal the gasket, but when we stopped for some food, the engine cooled off. Sure thing, blown gasket.
So I ripped it apart on the spot only to find the cylinder studs were pulling out of the cases.
Unable to repair it without pulling the engine, & out of time to fix it, I was done.
Luke Waters from Iowa picked my bike up for me on his way through & I am forever thankful.
We haven't had a very nice spring. But we did luck out & got a day full of sunshine for the flood run. It never did get real warm but we had a good time. I have some of the best friends who really enjoy motorcycles. There was still ice in the backwaters, snow on the north facing hills & salt/sand on the roadways. It snowed Friday & it's snowing today.