Monday, June 6, 2011

Meet and Greet_ INDIAN LARRY TALES







I see lots going on in MN with cycles and I'm getting really close to getting my shit together with the teaching job, so im out running errands and I meet up with Chris Morris, who's building a hardtailed pan. We check out his garage and I spot the sick paint work he's got going on and a few of his other projects. Then we hop in the car and head over Raritan way to see his pan at Mike's HUGE shop 47industries. He's got a ton of work going on, all sweet stuff and a very capable shop. Remembered to snap a few pics of the sweetness for the followers. Gotta get a good network of fellow minded people out here, since I can't bring my MN family here with me.




Cool story to share. I am talking with my neighbor (big long 113in "el Bruto" chopper, 96in fatboy with a rivera forward swept mani, both S&S carbs) about how his bikes act funny once in a while. The long bike, gets really hot when cruising, and the fatboy has a hard time getting enough fuel when stopped at a light. both HAUL ASS and don't act funny when he gets the hammering. I told him no worries, we'd take a look at them wednesday morning, that I could help him figure out a voltage draining issue on his long bike then, check the timing and possibly see what the carbs were doing. He then starts telling me about this springer bike he was running in the 90's that he was having trouble with the tune up and needed some work, so him and his cousin (lead singer for Agnostic Front) ride into Brooklyn to this guy who tunes carbs with an automotive stethoscope... Indian Larry set his bike up and was his go-to guy when the bike was acting funny. He tells me he misses him, because nothing has ever ran as perfect. R.I.P. INDIAN LARRY! I'd better start setting these bikes up, he says he's got a gang of rider friends who need their shit sorted out....... uhhh PAT, I need some help :)

4 comments:

pat said...

check for intake leaks and if they cough out the carb start going up on the pilot jets. sounds like they are both lean. check the timing. and hurry back we miss you.

JB said...

Sergio, 47 Industries was who made my bars. Mike is a good cat, tell him his weld didnt hold up to my Jesus Fish burnout in freezing temps though! Miss ya brotha!

Mr. G said...

I miss you guys too! I actually spent all night last night working on both bikes. The chopper had the timing all gobbledygooked up.. So I set it up exactly how ultima and crane specified, then reset the carb to scraaaaatchhh and set up the idle, then mixture then accel pump, but the battery was shot so we moved onto the fatboy. Started with the carb from scraaaaatch and got it dialed in pretty nice. We got hammered and shared more stories about shovels and springers and about some sick hot rod show held under the brooklyn bridge and Indian Larry's Funeral party. Just heard him gettin home from the gym, so i popped my head out and asked him how he liked the tuning and he says, "FREAKIN GREAT BRO, YOU DA MAN!" No no, you da man for letting me practice my skills. See yall SOON!!

pat said...

practice makes perfect! never stop learning!