We got the new clutch installed Friday and went out for some more back road testing. Things were really looking good. On a return pass Jake shifted from 2nd to 3rd and the tone of the engine slightly changed. He backed off and to the shop we went. It was a mad thrash to see if we could find the problem and still make Saturdays race.
Long story short we couldn't sort it out in time so we stayed home.
Dug a little deeper today and found we have some valve keepers that have cracked, worked upward, disturbing the shim/bucket assembly. We lucked out though as it didn't drop any valves. So tomorrow the engine comes out of the bike and apart.