Saturday, May 18, 2013

Out of hibernation

I spent all day Saturday going through my 59. Had a long list to do and was able to get most of it done. Put in a new Barnett Kevlar clutch pack, the dry fiber disks were far from dry. I will give this a shot.

I put on my new kicker cover, finally have the correct one back on the bike. I wanted to swap the cam cover but found the one I bought has the wrong bushings in it. So I figured I would give my original one a final shot.

I swapped the carb for a new Mikuni vm38. I had enough of the Bendix. Put on a new throttle new cable, retimed the ignition, adjusted the push rods, etc.

Buttoned it all up and she started on the 3rd kick and idled perfect. The damn magneto is leaking oil under the plate again. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the carb Noot...I need one of those cable adapters you make for the vm. Bike runs great with this carb, I am a believer!


pat said...

That mikuni looks better on there than I thought it would!

JB said...

might look kind of like an old Amal hiding behind my air cleaner!

Mr. G said...

Beautiful as usual!!!